Did you know blue is the most common favorite color in the world for both men and women? It’s no wonder people love sapphires. This beautiful gemstone has always played a role in history. In Ancient Rome & Greece, it was believed those who worn the stone were protected from envy & harm. Here are 5 things you need to know about sapphires:
- Sapphire is the birthstone of September. It’s also the 5th and 45th wedding anniversaries. What better way to celebrate these moments with a sapphire.
- Sapphire is part of the corundum family; along with ruby. It comes in an array of colors; aside from the ruby red. Colorful sapphires are called fancy sapphires and come in a rainbow of colors; from yellow to violet. There are also color changing sapphires that alter colors based on the lighting. There are so many different options with sapphires; you could easily create a beautiful anniversary ring as well as a birthday gift.
- The most famous sapphire engagement ring is Princess Diana’s and now Kate Middleton. Using sapphire in an engagement ring is a great option for those who want something less traditional or want a specific color in the center rather than a white diamond.
- Sapphires are 9 on the Mohs hardness scale. A diamond is 10 on the Mohs hardness scale. If we were to recommend a color stone in an engagement or wedding ring; we would recommend a sapphire; because of the hardness.
- The symbolism of sapphire is truth, loyalty, and sincerity; among others. When you give a sapphire, you are professing your loyalty to your loved one.
With all these great features to a colored gemstone; you can’t pass up the opportunity to add sapphire jewelry to your collection.
You have the engagement ring. It was all that you imagined. He got the perfect ring. Now, it’s time to find a matching diamond ring. In the past, it was customary to get a band that match exactly your engagement ring or your future husbands wedding ring. You would solder the two together and wear them all the time. But in today’s world, the matching ring can compliment your engagement ring and be worn alone while you travel or exercise. Maybe you have a halo engagement ring or a simple solitaire; there are many diamond rings that will add to your engagement ring. Here are our picks of four diamond wedding rings that compliment any engagement ring, including that curved halo engagement ring.
1. Eternity rings set in prongs
This style is great for basically any engagement ring. It’s simple, it’s a classic and can be worn alone or with the engagement ring. An eternity ring symbolizes the eternal love you have for each other. Diamonds are set around the whole band. The diamonds can either be set in a smooth channel or with prongs. We think a simple eternity ring is a perfect compliment to any engagement ring.
2. Channel set diamond ring
If your engagement ring is a classic and elegant solitaire with smooth edges, then the channel set diamond ring is a great compliment to your engagement ring. The diamonds are set perfectly in a smooth channel with either platinum, gold, white gold or rose gold surrounding them. This style of diamond wedding ring is another great option to wear alone while traveling.
3. Spotted diamond wedding ring
For someone who likes the idea of getting something different and unique from the classic styles; a ring with the diamonds scattered on the ring is a great fit. Depending on how the ring is styled, it could fit well with either a classic solitaire engagement ring or a vintage engagement ring.
4. Pave diamond wedding ring
Pave diamond wedding rings generally include multiple smaller diamonds set closely together. You can get either one row or multiple rows of pave diamonds, depending on the style of your engagement ring. It’s a great fit for vintage and halo engagement rings.
All four options are wonderful for your engagement ring. You will be able to wear all styles either together or by itself.
Every year millions of couples plan their weddings and the start of the rest of their lives. Whether you’re searching for a classic wedding band, diamond wedding ring, or a piece of contemporary art to occupy your ring finger, here are some trends to keep an eye out for 2016.
5.) Sleeker Lines: With more bridal jewelry designed by CAD programs and created using advanced robotic machinery, we’re in an age of physic defying jewelry designs. Part of that progress means more defined and finished lines in bridal ring designs.
Look for more elegant carving and etchings throughout rings. It’s where science meets art as deco designs with smooth lines make way for evolved ivy and floral etchings.
4.) Color Stones: Black diamonds, lavender sapphires, and color gemstones Oh My! 2016 will see a rise of more bridal jewelry incorporating color precious stones throughout the designs. Diamond eternity rings, may come with sapphires and secret settings for on the side or in the shank may offer more color.
We will see more people using gemstones with the same color theme as their weddings. As well as, diamonds with other precious gemstones. Emeralds, rubies, pink sapphires, and color diamonds.
3.) Rose and White Gold Two-Tone Wedding Bands: We’ve seen it more and more in years past; adding rose gold to white gold to create an elegant and modern Wedding ring. Rose Gold offers a contrast that’s both unique and classic in ways many other trends cannot.
Taking it a step further we may see more teal gold pop up as well. With a pastel look that offers an interesting and elegant sheen to the gold. Both rose and teal gold will be partnered up with white to create beautiful wedding rings.
2.) Stories: Everyone wants to be able to tell a story about the wedding band that represents their eternal love. The history of the ring, who made it, what the design was inspired by, and even where the gold and diamonds came from are all fair game.
Who can blame people for wanting this? It’s far more romantic knowing your wedding ring came from someplace special than the factory it was built in. At the end of the day, as buyers we’re looking to differentiate ourselves from the next person. With over 5,000 unique styles made to order on WeddingBands.com we can guarantee a unique wedding band made for you and only you.
1.) Lacy Finishes: With the increase in technology in jewelry making you’ll see plenty of lacy, thinner, designs that previously were difficult or even impossible to make. Start browsing lacy finishes to wedding rings here with the Verona Lace Line, which are modeled after the forever love between Romeo and Juliet.
Complex lace designs all along the top of the ring is an instant classic design that even though is modern will be around for years to come.
There are many heated discussions, seminars and articles written lately about this subject about diamonds; and some confusing advertisements. As long as the lab grown diamonds can be identified their value will never be the same as rare natural diamonds. In fact, the easier production technologies developed the lower the value will be.
Value comes from supply and demand.
Gem industry is not independent of this relation. That has been tested in Lab Grown Rubies, Sapphires, Emeralds and other gems.
Lab grown emeralds or rubies could be better looking gems than natural ones but they are not valued on the same scale.
The same thing is valid for diamonds, coins, and art pieces. A reproduction of a Rembrandt could be as beautiful as the real one; but the value will be a value for reproduction, not the value of a real one. Wedding bands made with moissanite instead of diamonds, could be as beautiful as natural wedding bands; but they will never have the value of the real ones.
Diamond Eternity Band
We have seen this trend in lab created rubies, emeralds and sapphires too.
So far the lab grown diamonds whether are produced with HPHT or CVD are identifiable; so as moissanites and any other imitation. The price of moissanite and other lab grown gems started high and went down by time. The easier, better cheaper production methods develop; the lower the value becomes. That same process was valid for emeralds, sapphires, emeralds etc. That does not mean lab grown gems are less beautiful. WeddingBands.com can manufacture the diamond wedding bands, anniversary rings or eternity bands using either real or lab grown diamonds. From the experience we have seen in rubies, emeralds, moissanites, etc. we can conclude that lab grown diamonds will always be less valuable. Their value will go down as long as they can be identified; because they are not natural, they are not real, they are not rare.
Real is rare, real is beautiful.
Renewing vows is a popular trend for couples who want to celebrate their anniversary in a special way. Another popular trend is to exchange anniversary bands, to commemorate the years spent together. So, what is special about these bands and how to order anniversary rings for men and women?
Find out by going through the following pointers:
1) Ditch the old rules: There is an entire list of anniversary gifts, which are associated with each milestone anniversary celebrated by a couple. For instance, it is said that they should exchange tin or aluminum gifts on their 10th anniversary and gold on their 50th! Surely, no one is eager to wait that long to get a gift of their choice!
Ditch the age-old conventions and exchange rings with your life-partner whenever you want to, maybe on your third, sixth or even first year together! If you are the one who’s gifting your partner the ring, then this gesture is definitely going to catch him/her off guard and give him/her the best (and perhaps the easiest) surprise ever.
2) Customize it: The anniversary rings are going to remind you of the special bond between you and your partner. Therefore, you need to make sure that a lot of effort goes in choosing the right kind of rings. One of the ways to do so is to customize the rings. Get your partner’s initials engraved on the ring along with the year of the anniversary or opt for a special message or symbol. This will make the ring more special and make it a great gift.
3) Coordinate: You can coordinate the bands to match with your partners. For instance, you can opt for the same style, metal or gemstone for men’s and women’s rings. Alternatively, you can opt for the same ring design as the ones on your wedding and engagement rings.
4) Ask for special packing: An anniversary is a special milestone in a couple’s life. When you gift the rings, make it a point to pack it in a special way for your partner. Ask the store/online store from where you are buying the ring from to wrap it in special packaging. Or you too can get creative and wrap the gift yourself. This will add more value to the gift.
I hope that the information is useful for you to purchase an anniversary ring for your spouse. Do you have any other tips for the readers? Let us know by posting a comment.
Shopping for wedding bands is on the top of the list for engaged couples. They spend days, weeks and even months searching for the perfect bands to exchange at the altar. With an overwhelming number of options available at various jewelry stores & online, it becomes difficult for them to come to a quick decision. More often than not, this happens because they do not have knowledge about the metals, designs or gemstones.
For instance, many couples have no idea about milgrain edging, used in Milgrain Wedding Bands. Let’s take a look at some of the facts behind this technique, which is commonly used in rings.
What is milgrain edging?
Milgrain edging is a detail, which appears in the form of tiny beads or grains of metal on the edges of rings or any other jewelry for that matter. Translated as ‘a thousand gems’, it can be spelt both as milgrain and millgrain.
This design gives the jewelry a decorative effect, which lead to its popularity. An ordinary ring can appear extraordinary and unique with milgrain edging. Created in a variety of ways, this style of edging can be used to create men’s milgrain wedding band.
How is milgrain made?
Some of the ways through which milgrain wedding band can be made include the following steps:
- Tiny metal balls can be created and soldered on a plain band one by one. This process is known as Granulation.
- A tool can be used to create a series of bumps and depressions. These tools are called milgraining or Knurling tools. The designs are then given a final touch up by smoothening, rounding and polishing them on the ring.
- Milgrains can also be drawn by using computers. There are softwares that can create this style on the ring . The milgrain details can be replicated in wax.
Can it be restored?
Yes, it is very much possible to restore the milgrain edging in wedding bands. Even if you have an antique men’s milgrain wedding band, it can be easily restored by an experienced jeweler. It gives the ring a new lease of life, making it appear more valuable with an outstanding visual effect.
Why should you choose milgrain wedding band for men?
Milgrain edging will never go out of style. It can give both a vintage and a contemporary look to any wedding band. You can match them with other designs, say for instance, milgrain diamond wedding band and cherish them forever.
Want more information about wedding band designs? Keep watching this space. We will be back with other informative posts.